what should I pay for this 25 hp?

ststutz

Recruit
I have a 94 lund 14' wc. Currently it has a 15 merc on it. Its served it purpose but I'd like a 25 so when I add a couple people it can get up on plane. I've been in touch with a local guy selling and old whaler with a newer (2001) I think 25 hp 4 stroke bigfoot. It sounds like he's taken good care of it , here is a pic. 14' whaler Sport w/25 HP Merc Bigfoot. I threw out the $1000 for fhe ouf board only and he was ok with that. Is that too much for this motor? I plan to put the tiller on mh boat and take it for a spin before making a final offer. Lef me know what u guys think. Thanslks, steve

BDbill

Seaman
Re: what should I pay for this 25 hp?

You better not wait to long, someone will snap that up for $1000. That's a great deal.

Timestep

Petty Officer 1st Class

Or buy both and sell the Lund ??

ststutz

Recruit

Yeah, seems like a good deal. I just checked it out and it seems to be in great shape. Looks brand new under the hood, he also just put on a new $300 prop last year. Gonna give it a test run this weekend to make sure it performs on my boat. Whalers are great boats but I love my lund and I have it customized for fishing which is what I use it for 99% of the time.

Also, i'll be looking to sell my 95 15hp 2 stroke long shaft merc. I've run the motor hard for many years but it still performs pretty well considering. Any idea what i could expect to get for it? I was thinking $500 or so? Thanks guys

Last edited: