price right??

Formula1974

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sorry about the price question as I know much you guys dislike them but I dont have any other experianced people to ask. I bought an 86 bayliner capri cuddy 16 ft with 85 horse force motor(stock motor im sure) I paid 2500 for it. Does this seem like a good price. The only major problem I have had is the exhaust boot was leaking and causeing a stall at idle in the water. The interior was worn a little and old looking but not too bad. The inside of the cuddy looks like brand new. It came with a brand new bimini top and oar and required stuff that needs to be on the boat. The battery looks almost new and the motor is spotless. I guess I am trying to see if I paid too much. (buyers remorse maybe) I love the boat and we have had nothing but fun so far. I realize how most feel about the bayliners quality and im not trying to open that can of worms just an idea if its an ok deal or not. Thanks in advance. Chris

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: price right??

Hey Chris,I enjoyed my 1990 capri for 10 years and recently sold it for 6,800$cdn.Not the best built boat,but I did,nt mind replacing fastners and small stuff like that.The guy that bought it lives over 100 miles away and has called me about every 2 weeks for advise on trailering etc. But he loves it too.If your enjoying it don't worry about if you could have saved a couple hundred dollars.Forget about what you paid, or possible future problems ,I never had a boatless freind complain about having to ride on a bayliner...<br /><br /> Relax and enjoy the summer<br /><br /> :D Jim

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: price right??

Chris - You said "I love the boat and we have had nothing but fun so far." That takes money out of the equation. Enjoy it.