Starcraft identification help

Steeltech

Cadet
Hello everyone new to the forum I was recently given a starcraft as a hand me down problem is it has been sitting for about 10 years now. I found a very faded plate that says 160 super sport but I can not find a year and currently have no paperwork on her. I will attempt to post a picture of her. I will be attempting a little restoration job but have only worked on cars not boats. Any info will be appreciated i have been reading through some restoration threads and I am very excited. thank you everyone I appreciate any help

dozerII

Admiral
Re: Starcraft identification help

Looks to me to be an 80's model, check the right rear top corner of the transom, just under the aluminum corner bracket, there should be a HIN # there (hull identification #) That will give you the year and serial #,
Welcome to the Starmada, and the SS 160 is a great boat.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Welcome!

That's a little better than a hand-me-down set of golf clubs!

Sweet rig! she'll clean-up well!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Welcome to the tin-sanity

Steeltech

Cadet

Looks to me to be an 80's model, check the right rear top corner of the transom, just under the aluminum corner bracket, there should be a HIN # there (hull identification #) That will give you the year and serial #,
Welcome to the Starmada, and the SS 160 is a great boat.

Thank you for the info I will jump on that as soon as I get home to to tomorrow thanks for the welcome I couldn't help tearing into her already and getting things measured up. Good thing I'm not a golfer I don't think I can use a golf bag as a float tube :)

Steeltech

Cadet

From the vin plate it looks like its going to be a 1981 boat thank you for your help gentlemen. I will take photos of the restore and post them when I am finished.