Cantilever 3500# Lift for 2007 Rinker 192

bman1978

Recruit
Hello,

I just bought my first boat. Picking it up this weekend! 2007 Rinker 192 w/ 44 hour.

The area of the lake that this will sit in is in open water and the wakes are pretty bad during the weekend. Therefore, instead of just tying it to the dock I want to put it on a lift.

But, I'm now poor after buying a boat and am trying to avoid buying a new lift.

I found this used Hewitt Cantilever lift for sale at another lake nearby. I could buy this and get it moved to our property for about $1700 (with a canopy)

lift.jpg

I'm trying to find out a few things.

The Rinker 192 has a 22" draft with drive up. This lift has a 43" range of movement.

1) Can I use those existing cradles or should I build my own bunks using PT 2x6x12's wrapped in bunk carpeting? Can I get away with using them for a few weeks while I get those built?

2) I'm concerned that the height of the cradles is insufficient and the bottom of the hull will hit the cross member.

3) Can I leave a Cantilever lift at a 45 degree angle rather than straight up? The lake's level fluctuates (gradually usually) and I'd like to be able to keep the boat out of the water while still having some wiggle room.

4) The boat's dry weight is 2690lbs. 252lbs of fuel. Would this lift be sufficient? Seller says it's 3500# lift but I haven't seen that size lift made by Hewitt. Closest is 3600#

Thanks!

Brian
--
07 Rinker 192 4.3L TKS
Dutch Hollow Lake

moosehead

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Cantilever 3500# Lift for 2007 Rinker 192

Congrats and enjoy that Rinker. Nice looking lift too, you will appreciate having the boat off the water and the canopy will keep her out of sun and weather.

I would want full length bunks to support the stringers and hull, and suggest using your trailer bunks as a template. You can put together bunks quickly and inexpensively with DIY treated pine and outdoor carpet. For similar reasons, keeping the angle at 45 degrees seems less stable than fully up, but if there is a solid locking or hoist mechanism then it could work fine? Cannot speak for capacity.

Malibu Rudder

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Cantilever 3500# Lift for 2007 Rinker 192

I have a pontoon boat with the similar dry weight on a lift with more range than the one you are considering. I can tell I wish it had more range. In order to distribute the weight properly I must back the boat into the lift, otherwise she will raise up in the front if I pull in traditionally. I wish I knew the details of my lift for comparison but unfortunately I did not install it.