1999 Johnson EE manual section 9

Blujay96

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was wondering if anyone has a PDF copy of section 9 of the 1999 EE. I have the factory manual but the section 9 is missing.

hidef

Lieutenant
Re: 1999 Johnson EE manual section 9

What you are asking for is copyrighted and is illegal to post on the forum. Are you having issues with your power trim/tilt?

Blujay96

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yeah my motor keeps moving down and I want to know what the different screws are on it before I start taking them off to check the fluid. Thanks. Sorry for asking for something illegal.

hidef

Lieutenant

If you look at the reservoir you will see three flat head screws the top one is the fill hole. The bottom left is the release screw to manually tilt the engine and the other screw is a cover for the up check valve. You have to remove the tilt unit to see the down check valve which is on the other side against the transom. It takes approximately 11.7 ounces of OMC tilt fluid or Dexron II to fill the reservoir. After you fill it cycle the unit 6 times running holding the tilt button down 5 to 10 seconds after the piston reaches the end of each stroke.

To fill the reservoir tilt the engine all the way up and set the tilt lock to support the engine.