Help me decide my first new boat

nicko450

Recruit
hello all im new to this forum and was hoping I can get some help in choosing my first boat. the first is a bayliner 2004 212 with a 4.3 mercury FI. only 94 hours looks great for 15000. The other is a 2003 chapparral 215ssi with a 5.0 mercury with only 100 hours and also is in very good condition ($18,900)except for the outdrive the prop was a little dinged up and the bottom fin was broken off both. these boats i plan on purchasing from a marina so they will probably fix that i seen it after i talked to the salesman. i will be using the boat for some fishing pull a tub or skier occassionally but mostly for cruising and sleeping in the cuddy for a night here and there. please give me some feedback i great appreciate it. happy boating!

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: Help me decide my first new boat

The Chaparral is the better pick IMHO. Check your prices against NADA and BucValue. You will want a sea trial, a survey, and a mechanical inspection of the engine. So, plan for that in your budget.

Both of these boats have seen very light use, so be aware that they may not have been used in a while and therefore sitting.

I had a 24 foot cuddy, but never slept on it, as it seemed a bit cramped. A 21 foot may be even worse.