Searay Sundeck 210 RPMS go up, boat doesnt move any faster

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer
2000 Searay SunDeck 210, Mercruiser 220 HP motor. I have not used it much in the past few years, new baby- used it three times last summer. Always do a winterizing. Always kept the tank at 1/2 full with Stabil conditioned fuel. Yesterday, it motored along fine at 1kRPM, 5 knots, trying to get it to plane did not work- even at 3k RPMs. By reading the forum and the stickies, I figure it is a fuel issue.

We have Ethanol gasoline here and I read Stabil does nothing for this type of (crap) fuel.

What I plan on doing is replacing the fuel filter. Question is: How can I avoid rebuilding the carb? Should I siphon out all the gas?

Thanks...

thumpar

Admiral
Re: Searay Sundeck 210 RPMS go up, boat doesnt move any faster

Would it only reach 3k RPM or would it rev more and just not go faster?

Bondo

Staff member

2000 Searay SunDeck 210, Mercruiser 220 HP motor. I have not used it much in the past few years, new baby- used it three times last summer. Always do a winterizing. Always kept the tank at 1/2 full with Stabil conditioned fuel. Yesterday, it motored along fine at 1kRPM, 5 knots, trying to get it to plane did not work- even at 3k RPMs. By reading the forum and the stickies, I figure it is a fuel issue.

We have Ethanol gasoline here and I read Stabil does nothing for this type of (crap) fuel.

What I plan on doing is replacing the fuel filter. Question is: How can I avoid rebuilding the carb? Should I siphon out all the gas?

Thanks...

Ayuh,... Check the Contents of the fuel filter,... That'll be a hint as to whether yer gonna be rebuildin' the carb,..

If the crud has made it to the carb, it's tooo late,...

massimofinance

Chief Petty Officer

Would it only reach 3k RPM or would it rev more and just not go faster?

Thanks for the response. It will go over 3k but I suppose I chicken out and throttled down. I knew something was wrong and didn't want to make it worse.