PLEASE help- F60 wasnt injectors, now what?

deeejathome

Recruit
I have been working on this problem for a while now, so I truly appreciate any and all help.

This is a 2006 F60 injected four-stroke tiller. It has had a problem all this year where it will start, run, idle, and rev up fine. However, once it gets up to speed, it bogs out and the rpms dive to about 2500rpm. It will them struggle up to about 3100rpm, but then dives to 2500rpm again. Doesn't do it all the time, and in fact, sometimes I can get a whole lap around a moderately sized lake before it bogs.

When it bogs, if I quickly shut the throttle and crack it open again, it will rev right up and take off to full RPMs.... only to bog again a short time later.

My tech at the dealer cleaned the injectors and told me that had to be the problem. It didn't fix the problem. I thought it helped a little, but still bogged. He cleaned the injectors a second time and changed the plugs saying that the looked to be burning unevenly. Into it for about 2 hundred bucks at this point- and it didn't fix the prob.

Tech said injectors must be shot. So I bought 4 new ones @ 150 bucks each. You guessed it- problem is still there. Now what?

Im bleeding cash here. Can anyone help? If so, Id be especially grateful.

deeejathome

Recruit
Re: PLEASE help- F60 wasnt injectors, now what?

Wondered if this was a limp mode issue. It definitely feels like there is an electrical cut out when it bogs. The tech said they checked for codes and there were none. Do codes stay in the system or do you need to check for a code when the problem is happening? Oil level is good and it is peeing great.

Thanks again for any info or sugg's.

TXREBEL

Cadet

have you checked the fuel pump and filter? it is sounding like there is a problem in the fuel getting to the injectors. you have replaced the injectors and the plugs back up and look at the fuel getting to these items.

Capt Ken

Commander

Sounds like the LP fuel pump isn't keeping the VST tank full. But it is a fuel starvation problem.