what year is boat?

tsutter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello all:<br /><br />I am wondering what the year of this particular boat is:<br /><br />Sea Ray, 18ft6in, s/n 72-200 I/O, with a Mercruiser 165 on the back.<br /><br />Can anyone help me out?<br /><br />Thanks in advance.

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: what year is boat?

Hey tsutter,If you look up searays web site,thet have the brouchers for post 1990 boats.this may help identify year if its newer than 1990.<br /><br /> P.S. Years ago I usded to go to yhe soo. You still have a bar named the back door?<br /><br /><br /> Jim

tsutter

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks Jim:<br /><br />The guy who wants to sell it to me mentioned it is a 1977, but it looks older to me and I wondered if the 72 in the s/n meant it was a 1972 model year. Thanks for the tip for future refs.<br /><br />Yep, the Back Door is still there. Been there a few times myself.<br /><br />Take care and thanks again.

ThomWV

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Go to the Coast Guard site to their hull identification database. There was an old system of reading them and there is a newer systme now. I suspect your's is a '72 for obvious reasons. In the new system it would have the year and month the hull came out of the mold and the model year of the boat both as part of the number, but the old system didn't capture that much information.<br /><br />Thom

canadianguy

Cadet

Have a look on the outside back of the boat , drivers side . There should be numbers and letters printed right in the fiberglass . The last 2 numbers will be the year . you will probably have letters on either side of those two numbers . I found a link on here to show this but do you think I can find it now ?!? Mine is a 79 and it was right there where they said it would be . Hope this helps .