Trolling motor foot control tray

johninmo

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello I have a 99 Skeeter zx185c and I was wanting to install a tray for my MG Trolling Motor and I was wondering if you had any ideas of brands or best places to buy or not to buy? Or if you had any installation tips and if it was worth it to you ? I have done a search and it really didn't bring up a whole lot about brands to buy or stay away from

thanks
John

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Trolling motor foot control tray

I have to watch this thread as well because I am on the fence about one myself. One day I think it is a great idea, and then next day a stupid one. I've even researched them as you have and found little to nothing as well. It seems like a nice idea to install one but then it seems equally nice to not install one and be able to move the foot control around to support how you are fishing at the time. I'm currently leaning on the side to NOT install one right now... But I could change my views with other opinion or thought on here... Good post... :)

johninmo

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I agree it is an idea I am curious about and I dont know anyone who has one so I cant just try it out but it seems like I have read alot of people say they are more comfortable and it does make sense I guess I hope someone will comment

bassman284

Commander

I guess it might help, but you definitely want to be sure you've put it where you want it.

johninmo

Petty Officer 3rd Class

very true any tips on where that might be