My new (used) boat!

havenoclue

Cadet
I've been looking and looking for the model # on this boat and I can not find anything on it by the HIN#. Hopefully someone on here can. My computer will not let me upload pictures for some reason but the boat is my profile picture.

STARCRAFT16SS

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: My new (used) boat!

Your profile picture is very tiny..hard to make out...looks like a fiberglass boat with maybe a Mercury outboard.real hard to tell..don't know what it is from the tiny picture....

havenoclue

Cadet

Hopefully this picture is better. I figured out how to post them. This is the only picture I have right now, But I can take more tomorrow though.

Attachments

• Starcraft.jpg
    Starcraft.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 4

havenoclue

Cadet

The outboard motor is a mercury 90hp. And that is all I know so far. And works VERY well. I am new to boats like these but I would like to restore this boat. There is some damage to the carpet, but I pulled it up in a few spots and the wood under it looks good still. The sets need replaced. And there is some wires that need to be replaced. I am excited about it though. And I would greatly appreciate any and all advice for this project. I'm not planning on starting until winter but I wish to start and get any and all parts this summer.

64osby

Admiral

Is there a plate by the controls?

havenoclue

Cadet

No there is not I looked all over the place for that plate and I could not find it I do have the HIN# if that would help. I tried to look it up by the HIN but I couldn't find anything.

havenoclue

Cadet

The year is a 1978, it is 16ft, and its fiber glass, other than that I still cant determine what model it is

havenoclue

Cadet

I am almost thinking it is a super sport maybe. I'm not sure though.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No, SS's are aluminum. Is yours a is a V hull or trihull?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

16' fiberglass from the late 70's........ V hull.......... Probably an American

All Starcrafts are American. :laugh:

The pic Clueless posted looks V hullish, but some trihulls are foolers when the pic is from one side.

jbcurt00

Staff member

All Starcrafts are American. :laugh:

Someone needs to tell Dozer & IM, I think they may be mis-informed :eek: :faint2:

The pic Clueless posted looks V hullish, but some trihulls are foolers when the pic is from one side.

Yeah, but in his pix, it definitely looks like the bow tapers to a sharp angle instead of a blunt tri-hull look.

havenoclue

Cadet

Here are some more pictures

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 4

North Beach

Commander

Havenoclue, Welcome to iboats. I have the 78 brochure and the paint scheme is wrong for that year. This is definately a 16 foot American. The paint scheme matches the 79 Supersport so I'd bet you have a 79 American there... Sorry but I don't have the brochure for that year and the one in our brochures link is incomplete.