Boat Value Opinions or info wanted

Bigprairie1

Commander
Guys, quick backstory
A buddy of mine bought a 2000 Four Winns a few years ago in parternship with another buddy of ours. Unfortunately that buddy died of cancer this past year....awful stuff. Well, his wife/widow would like my buddy to buy out the remaining share on this boat and he is trying to figure out what it might be worth. They paid about $10k for it 4 years ago.
So again, the boat is a 2000 Four Winns (17'-18') Open bow with a wake tower. It is powered by a brand new 4.3 and an SX Volvo leg. Its a very clean boat, not abused, includes a trailer and is now mechanically rebuilt over the last 2 years.
Being a 'northern' boat it has seen substantially less 'water and wave' time than the southern boats so that is probably reflected in the overall condition with respect to hull fade or upholstery wear etc. Unfortunately, that is also why it has a new 4.3 v-6....due to a cracked block LOL.
Regardless, he would like to give his buddies widow a reasonable price for that half but he isn't quite sure what it would be worth these days?
So....would anyone want to weigh in on what market or reasonable value on this boat would be?
Many Thanks
BP:)

Bigprairie1

Commander
Re: Boat Value Opinions or info wanted

Great info many thanks.
Is NADA a pretty good reference for pricing? accurate or?
Who or what defines the Nada pricing? (Insurance industry?)
He might find that pricing pretty good in some respects (certainly for the sake of a 'buy out') but it might raise some questions on the widows behalf in terms of it possibly being a little low.....but?
All Good
BP

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

Sounds like $5000 - $5500 here,,, $6K if exceptionally clean with great maintenance docs.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

NADA is way off.

Set by dealer recorded trade-in I believe, so the starting point is way off.

local market and condition is primary.

So check out local boats or get some local opinions.

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

In my area, those boats go for anywhere between $6500-$10000. My area has a particularly high concentration of Four Winns since they are made here. I'd say a safe average is $8000.

BUT, the area you are in may be very different for that particular boat.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

Boat and motor prices vary greatly depending on location. At my FL home Merc outboards dominate and here in NC they fall far behind Yamaha. Same with boat builders. Many in salt see I/Os as a maint headache as risers and manifolds do not take to salt well no matter how well flushed. I saw many 4 Winns on the Great Lakes and they are rare here.... location, location, location

In my area, those boats go for anywhere between $6500-$10000. My area has a particularly high concentration of Four Winns since they are made here. I'd say a safe average is $8000.

BUT, the area you are in may be very different for that particular boat.