Y Pipe does not fit-- Why ?

cadeco

Cadet
Hi guys!
I'm a newbie on the forum and on the boating lifestyle, and already have a question.
I bought a Bayliner Trophy and it did come w/ a Alpha One Gen. 2 gimbal and drive ( no motor), so I bought a motor w/ a gimbal (including the Y pipe ) and a drive( Gen. 1) I removed that was on the boat since the drive was shot and did install the Gen. 1 gimbal. Everything went well till I tried to install the Y Pipe. It hits the steering actuator ( kept from the Gen.2 ) and does not go in. Question: What can I do about it? Should I get a different Y pipe( the one I tried was part of the package) with a longer part ( where the bolts go) or try to get a different actuator in order to get clearance? and if so, What's the part #.-- Please help !!!!!

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Y Pipe does not fit-- Why ?

Welcome to the forum

We could use some more info to assist. What is the engine and outdrive serial numbers you are trying to install? What is the serial number and year of the drive you are not using?

Bondo

Staff member

Hi guys!
I'm a newbie on the forum and on the boating lifestyle, and already have a question.
I bought a Bayliner Trophy and it did come w/ a Alpha One Gen. 2 gimbal and drive ( no motor), so I bought a motor w/ a gimbal (including the Y pipe ) and a drive( Gen. 1) I removed that was on the boat since the drive was shot and did install the Gen. 1 gimbal. Everything went well till I tried to install the Y Pipe. It hits the steering actuator ( kept from the Gen.2 ) and does not go in. Question: What can I do about it? Should I get a different Y pipe( the one I tried was part of the package) with a longer part ( where the bolts go) or try to get a different actuator in order to get clearance? and if so, What's the part #.-- Please help !!!!!

Ayuh,.... Merc has used Several different Y-pipes,... Donno which or what yer workin' on,...

What was included with the rest of this re-power package,..??
Did it ALL come from the same junker, or just All the parts from several ole hulls,..??

cadeco

Cadet

Thanks for the responses! I do appreciate the knowledge on this site and the help given to people like myself!

Bondo

Staff member

Thanks for the responses! I do appreciate the knowledge on this site and the help given to people like myself!
July 3rd, 2013, 01:16 PM

Ayuh,.... Welcome back,.... Did ya ever get it floatin', 'n boatin',..??

How 'bout an Update,..??

cadeco

Cadet

July 3rd, 2013, 01:16 PM

Ayuh,.... Welcome back,.... Did ya ever get it floatin', 'n boatin',..??

How 'bout an Update,..??

Yes I was able to have it "floating" and "running", but there was another p[roblem that made me sell it. - I did not realize , aboat that size 21ft, w/ cuddy cabin and real hard top ( some guy told me that's called Alaska top was that heavy and all vehicles on my house were able to pull it on the road, but not to pull it from the ramp. Now I'm looking for some hull ( project) w/ no more than 21 ft but center console ( much lighter). Well I made a rookie mistake. Still I love the information someone can get on this site .