2004 Bayliner 175 Tilt/trim problem

I have a 2004 Bayliner 175 it has a mercruiser 135 hp 3.0 liter engine

I took it out yesterday ran fine went outside too look the boat over notice the prop was all the way down i tried raising it the pump sounds normal but u can hear like the fluid gushing out thru a hose not on the outside somewhere inside shortly after all the fluid was flushed on the ground. Tried looking for the hose on the inside of the engine compartment but couldnt reach. Does anyone know whereabout to look does it sound to you like a busted hose?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 2004 Bayliner 175 Tilt/trim problem

I have a 2004 Bayliner 175 it has a mercruiser 135 hp 3.0 liter engine

I took it out yesterday ran fine went outside too look the boat over notice the prop was all the way down i tried raising it the pump sounds normal but u can hear like the fluid gushing out thru a hose not on the outside somewhere inside shortly after all the fluid was flushed on the ground. Tried looking for the hose on the inside of the engine compartment but couldnt reach. Does anyone know whereabout to look does it sound to you like a busted hose?

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... It runs from the Pump, to a manifold, dead center, Under the drive's housin',...

The pump end, ya oughta be able to find,...
The manifold unbolts from outside the boat, layin' down, lookin' Up...
Use the old line to pull the new 1 through,...