New to boats and need some help

BusaBoy14

Cadet
First I'd like to say hello, my name is Robert and I just got this boat! The paper work says it is a 1974 MFG no model and I can't find any info on it when I google it.
I really need to know where the bilge pump goes because it doesn't have one, it was laying smashed on the deck no hoses connected anywhere and I also need a wiring diagram.
The boat has sat for 2 yrs as the owner died and his son just left it sitting. Is there any thing I should check before starting it? It's not seized but I know on my old i/o I needed the rabbit ears to start out of water, what do I do with this as its an evinrude outboard
Ok I think that's all thanks for helping

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member
Re: New to boats and need some help

Welcome aboard Robert:

A couple of things for ya:
I really need to know where the bilge pump goes because it doesn't have one, it was laying smashed on the deck no hoses connected anywhere and I also need a wiring diagram.
Bilge pump goes in the stern of the boat at the lowest point of the hull. Usually, there's a sort of "box" area just under the motor at the transom where the hull drain hole is and somewhere in that area is where the pump usually sits. Wiring diagram will be tough to come by. Do you have a "pump switch" at the helm?

...I needed the rabbit ears to start out of water, what do I do with this as its an evinrude outboard
Ok I think that's all thanks for helping
You still need muffs on the OB to run it outta' the drink. There should be some intakes on the sides of the lower unit, I think.

Here are a couple of places to get information on MFG boats: HERE is a great forum, and you might find some information HERE too.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Re: New to boats and need some help

Welcome and yes you have some reading to do. Do searches on this forum for your MFG boat and for your Evinrude OB and the good folks here will get you pointed in the right direction. There are a lot of "stickies" at the head of the different forums that should help you in navigating. Specific questions need to be answered in their respective forums in order to get the most views from those who have the expertise for your problems. Keep us posted on your progress along the way as even us old dogs may learn some new tricks.