Sticker shock

Indymike

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just talked to the folks at the local Rhino linings. Priced having it sprayed in my 16' FG trihull instead of carpet. Gave him a rough estimate of 130 sq.ft....$1100.00. This included 2 hours labor and 10 gals.2 part poly product and primer applied to 1/8" thickness. If I dropped it to 1/16" the cost was $730.00. This includes the $100.00 surcharge for light gray instead of black.<br /><br />Looks like "skid no more" or "ultra tuff" applied<br />by me for about $200.00.

Laddies

Banned
Re: Sticker shock

Mike in the olden days without all the fancy new products we use to mix silica sand into the paint till we got the anti skid effect we wanted, it worked great and lasted well. You might consider it we did many Chris Crafts that way, but you must keep the paint well stired--Bob

Realgun

Commander

Indy I feel for ya. I asked the local guy that does a spray lining to just do a strip like a keel guard he wanted 300 dollars. I got a keel guard for half that.

Indymike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Bob, sounds like a good option. I don't mind mind spending some money ( don't want to sound like a cheapskate HEHE ) and I think the "skid no more" and "ultra tuff" prices are fair. I was just amazed at the cost of the bed liner installed price. I guess I thought it could be done with 2 or 3 gals. of material. Could be that the coating thickness that he quoted is much thicker than it needs to be. I told him what it was for and I assume that he knows his business. The bedliner thing comes up here fairly often and really makes sense. Off to some more research.<br /><br />Realgun I hadn't thought about the keel guard use for it but thats a great thought. But pricey

zzub

Seaman Apprentice

Indymike : You can buy it @ Wal Mart and brush it on yourself.

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I just did mine with skid no more and I think it turned out great for my first attempt. I got mine through a local car paint store it was $36/gal. My boat is 16x about 6 and with 2 coats I had some left over. It dries to a bluish gray <br /><br />
IM000813.jpg

Laddies

Banned

jimr, man that looks great, did it only take one gallon--Bob

bdreaper123

Cadet

I sprayed Ultra Tuff in my little Whaler i restored. It is great stuff and seems about indestructable. It's not hard to spray. You can buy the gun to do it pretty cheap or i have heard it not to hard to roll on too.<br />
Whalers%20first%20time%20in%20the%20water%20012.jpg
<br />
Whalers%20first%20time%20in%20the%20water%20015.jpg

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Laddie 2 coats took less than a gallon

Indymike

Petty Officer 1st Class

Stinkboat <br /><br />I'll take a look, Thanks.<br /><br /><br />bdreaper123<br /><br />That ulratuff looks great ! <br /><br />What gun do you use?<br /><br />How much product?

bdreaper123

Cadet

I used an Acoustic ceiling/texture gun from harbor freight tools. Gun cost about $20.<br /> www.harborfreight.com <br />It took 3 gallons to cover the entire inside, the console, and the storage box.

davidcrk1

Cadet

looks great guys ...I have a question... has any one tried a roofing product called KOOL-SEAL?<br />It's a rubberized membrane that is UV resistant and of coarse water proof. When it sets up its alot like a sheet of rubber, best of all its flat white.<br />I'm thinking of buying a gallon to experiment (35-40$ Wal-Mart)