Hydro Electric Controller part needed!

lakshmi369

Seaman Apprentice
I am in search of a controller cable for a 1972 Hydro Electric Controller. In need of the actual throttle cable. About 12 feet long. Goes with a Johnson 85 hp that has the electric shift. I have found some used but most are as bad as the one I have (very tight and will not allow enough movement to operate the electric shift properly).

Any parts emporiums with a stack of these cables in "New Old Stock" that anyone can point me to?

Thanks in advance!

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hydro Electric Controller part needed!

They sell the cables right here on I-boats.

lakshmi369

Seaman Apprentice

They sell the cables right here on I-boats.

They don't have it. They emailed me and sent me back here to the Forum "in search of". Thanks tho.

searaynoob

Seaman Apprentice

I need help trying to replace the seals on my 1970 85 horse lower unit...any help?

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Read the rules at the top of the forum. It's not nice to hi-jack a thread. Please start a new one !

F_R

Supreme Mariner

They don't have it. They emailed me and sent me back here to the Forum "in search of". Thanks tho.

Really?? Their website shows them as being in stock. Johnson Type 400 Control Cables - iboats
Maybe they are just out of them at the moment. If so, any legitimate marine dealer can get them for you from their Teleflex distributor. It is a Teleflex Type 400 cable X length desired. I presume an Evinrude dealer can also get you an original equipment cable, but I haven't checked to see if they are still available.

EDIT: OEM part number for a 12 footer is 377372. Much more expensive than the Teleflex though. So most people use Teleflex.

searaynoob

Seaman Apprentice

I wasn't trying to high jack the thread I was trying to get some insight on this motor since very few people have posted on such a motor...and I am on a timeline on getting it fixed...

lakshmi369

Seaman Apprentice

Really?? Their website shows them as being in stock. Johnson Type 400 Control Cables - iboats
Maybe they are just out of them at the moment. If so, any legitimate marine dealer can get them for you from their Teleflex distributor. It is a Teleflex Type 400 cable X length desired. I presume an Evinrude dealer can also get you an original equipment cable, but I haven't checked to see if they are still available.

EDIT: OEM part number for a 12 footer is 377372. Much more expensive than the Teleflex though. So most people use Teleflex.

That's the email response they sent me so your guess as good as mine????

Thanks for all the info though. I found a local supplier that thinks they can get it in by tomorrow. One step closer to being in the water!!!