what model grady white is this???

kronikchef

Recruit
34dfkhy.jpg

it looks to be a late 60's early 70's
its 20ish feet
set up for outboard

i have a 70hp johnson 3cyl 1977 that was just overhauled. would this be enough for this boat? i mostly troll but would like to get across the lake somewhat quickly

also know someone that would probably trade me his 100hp evinrude straight up for my 70. would this be a better hp rating?

thanks in advance for any and all input/advice!

airshot

Rear Admiral
Re: what model grady white is this???

While I cannot tell you what model that is, I can tell you that GradyWhite's were heavy fiberglass boats. I would expect that that boat would have at least a 150hp rating. I certainly hope you check for it's seaworthiness before venturing out in the lake. They were well made boats in their day, but being a 40+ yr old glass boat may well have some structure problems. We certainly would not want to read about a new member of I-boats in the newspaper.

Airshot

kronikchef

Recruit

While I cannot tell you what model that is, I can tell you that GradyWhite's were heavy fiberglass boats. I would expect that that boat would have at least a 150hp rating. I certainly hope you check for it's seaworthiness before venturing out in the lake. They were well made boats in their day, but being a 40+ yr old glass boat may well have some structure problems. We certainly would not want to read about a new member of I-boats in the newspaper.

Airshot

thanks for your concern. plan on structurally restoring it if i do get my hands on it. always loved the looks of these boats though i should have figured it needs triple digit horses behind it. i am in a 16' 1976 starcraft alum. bowrider now and take a hell of a beating when my lake gets huffin and puffin! a good friend of mine used to build yachts at sabre yachts. was thinking of hiring him for some beers laughs and wot on the water!

i also google imaged some 70's GW's and it looks to be an overnighter maybe...? of course it was pouring when i stopped to look at it and a cute girl with an adorable bulldog came out to talk to me about it... so i was a little distracted to say the least.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Its a 1970-1976 Atlantic Weekender. Maximum HP = 180. 100 HP would be bare minimum 130-140HP would be better

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Take some pictures and call Grady customer service ...

pckeen

Commander

I get more and more nervous calling customer service as I get older....

Nowadays, the service rep is both younger than me....and usually wasn't born when the boat was made....