Where do I find a hard top like this? Please Help I'm desperate!

tonyscj5

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have been searching for a hard top like many of the new manufactures put on their fishing boats these days. You all know what I am describing. Aluminum tube frame sopporting a white maybe plastic or fiberglass hard top, with anntenaes, maybe out riggers, and rear upright overhead rod holders. I have seen then on the newer stripers, aquasports, some bayliners...... I want to add it to my aquasport, I am only looking for the top, I will fab up an aluminum tube frame to support it?<br /><br />Does anyone sell anything even remotly close to this? Will any manufactures sell one of their as a replacement part? Any idea will be appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Tony<br /><br />(I am not sure how to post a pic or I would) Does the pic have to be uploaded on a diff website?

llfish

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Where do I find a hard top like this? Please Help I'm desperate!

Try the manufacture that makes a boat that has the hardtop you like. They must get damaged from time to time and have to be replaced.

ThomWV

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sure, there are many places that will make you up a hardtop. If you want built in riggers that is not problem, if you want them on the top, no problem, if you want a 'rocket launcher' on the back, no problem. Its just a matter of breaking out the checkbook.<br /><br />You can have a basic top and superstructure put on a mid-20-foot boat for around $2,500. Add a grand for outriggers built right onto the superstructure, figure $700 for a set of quality outriggers if you just want to bolt a set on top. The rocket launcher is pretty pricy to tell you the truth. Most fabricators will hit you up at the rate of about $70 per hole. When its all up on the boat and you are ready to go fishing you'll have one more stop to make too - the canvas guy for and enclosure. Figure at least another $2000 for a full enclosure with eyebrowed front and side eisenglass (or whatever plastic they are using these days). If you want an electronics box in the to add another $300 to the bill too by the way.<br /><br />Those are the sorts of prices I have been seeing as I've asked about about having one made for my boat.<br /><br />Thom

Bondo

Staff member

This is alittle some thing I threw together 1 Saturday afternoon................. :D <br />
bimini_2.jpg.xs.jpg
<br />I went with a Semi-Rigid...... Vinyl Covered......<br /><br />I was going to add a row of rod holders across the edge..... Then I got the New Project Boat, So I just finished it up,+ installed it.......

Laddies

Banned

It's just money Thom and once you have it it will last forever--Bob-- ;)

prockvoan

Chief Petty Officer

What size boat you have and what type of fishing you do?There are good things and bad things about hard tops.<br /> Good thing,if you are spot fishing say for tuna and other big fish,yes you could post someone up there.Makes the boat look better,to some.You could add another station up there too!<br /> Bad thing,if you fish in 3' to 4' seas dragging baits, hold on for a rocking and a rolling.All that weight up there doesn't help.One way to cut back on some of the weight is to install a canvas top.And yes you can,just have plates install to the frame work.<br />I happen to have a hard top on my boat,its 31' flybridge.Last year out on the hook at the lump for some tuna fishing,seas 5' to 6'ers,I took a beating,never had that problem before.After dry docking my boat for the rebuild,I had a good look at the hard top.Inbetween the top and bottom of the top( which was about 1"1/4" thick)there was a cone filling.That had all fill up with water some how.This top is 8'x 11',dam thing weight was more then 500 lbs,put that up 18' above the water,ya'll rock.<br /> So,stay with a canvas top,keeping the weight down.

prolinews

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Boaters world carries a new TEE top now a smith tee. it's a nice top it's not in thier catolog yet or on line I'm looking for the web site now. it sells for about 1500 bones