lost??? spark issue question

z28hotrod

Cadet
i have a 78 johnson 70hp. on the power pack the three coil wires wires go in line 1 2 3. when i have all three connected only 1 will spark. if i disconnect 1 numbers 2 and 3 will spark. ive double checked all my connections and grounds to make sure nothing was crossed. can any one please let me know what im missing. im guessing which i really really dont like to do but im stuck that its a bad power pack but its $100 for a guess. is there anything else i can do to verify the problem. thank you in advance for any info.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: lost??? spark issue question

I'm guessing a bad pack. Or a real bad coil on #1 . Swap the coils and see what happens.

z28hotrod

Cadet

i did try moving all three into the number one spot and rotated the others through the 2 and 3 positions and the same results each time

z28hotrod

Cadet

wel i just ordered a new power box so when that comes in we will see if this solves the problem :-/ i hope it does

boobie

Supreme Mariner

As I said, it was just a guess without testing with the proper meters. Keep us posted as to what happens.

z28hotrod

Cadet

Yea i'm just guessing my self but it seems like everything i test ends at the Power box being bad so ill keep posting what happens !!

z28hotrod

Cadet

well i replaced the Power box and it solved the issue i was having now i have a new problem that i never had before it wont go in Reverse it was working fine got it to the lake and nothing wouldn't budge goes in Drive and Neutral but will not go in reverse iv checked all the cables there all fine any ideas ?