Honda 130 update intermittent alarm

Sea_Slueth

Cadet
OK, recheck.

Forget everything I wrote above. My son was helping me for the first time work on an engine and this is what I learned. Went out this am and bought new batteries. Installed, engines running, neither alternator was charging.

Go to pull the starboard alternator and see that my son didn?t connect a wire to the alternator. Funny, but once connected, that engine runs fine and is charging.

Look at the port engine, the one that I screwed up on and left the battery connected. Blown 90amp fuse. Replaced.

Both engines charging. Scratching my head with the intermittent alarm. I question the port/problem engines MIL light. Test and it is bad. dig under the dash and switch the port and starboard MIL connections and start the engine.

Hey, the MIL is lit.
Short the ECM and get the following codes.

3 blinks MAP sensor

6 blinks ECT sensor
24 blinks Overheat sensor

Each has the possibility of an OPEN in the wire. I doubt that as I looked and can?t find anything.

Swapped the port engines MAP and Overheat sensor with the starboard. Alarm still sounds.

Now, the ECT sensor. I can not get to it unless I remove the intake manifold. Not impossible, but big job.

Anyone have a trick at testing the the ECT w/o removing the manifold.

Thoughts questions.

If I rip the manifold, I will put a new oil sensor and ECT sensor in.

I could be complaining, but am enjoying the work. Would rather be on the water, but this is the best way to learn your engines and boat.