2003 60 hp mercury outboard

msed6320

Recruit
No water coming out of drain hole in neutral.Flows fine when moving.replaced impeller and cleaned hole.running hot.

Last edited:

mrjames999

Cadet
Re: 2003 60 hp mercury outboard

No water coming out of drain hole in neutral.Flows fine when moving.replaced impeller and cleaned hole.running hot.

Hi I'm wondering if you solved your issue. I have an 03 60 hp that is not peeing well at all. new water pump and gasket last year. I checked the line to the tell tale and its clear. Curious if some sand is lodged in the engine somewhere or at the intake. Thanks and happy boating!

Toddboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Flush water intake on lower unit, where the muffs go. Remove exhaust cover, see if there is salt caked up in the water jackets. There are passages for water visible when you remove the exhaust cover that may reveal a blockage.

capttwb136

Cadet

Hi I'm wondering if you solved your issue. I have an 03 60 hp that is not peeing well at all. new water pump and gasket last year. I checked the line to the tell tale and its clear. Curious if some sand is lodged in the engine somewhere or at the intake. Thanks and happy boating!

I had the same exact problem on the same exact motor. Check the thermostat. Mine was stuck partially open, put a new one in, it pissed like a race horse! Problem solved. A new thermostat was about 25 dollars. Easy to put in. If you have any questions email me. capttwb@comcast.net