Hey MTboatguy. A Lenovo question.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
How do you set up a connection to a wireless printer? I've google the subject and looked on the online manual but can find nothing on the subject. When you select the 'printer share' button on the home page, it tells you that a printer has not been selected. It is not, however, a live button so it does not take you to a print setup feature.

Also, I want to set up wife's live.com email on the tablet. I googled that as well. No subjects even come up.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hey MTboatguy. A Lenovo question.

el bumpo! Hey MT, I think you missed this post?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Hi Boom,

I didn't even see this the first time around. I just hit the set up button on my Lenovo and it sync'd with my printer, let me do some research, what printer are you trying to hook up to?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

It's a Brother HL 2270 DW laser.

Ok, you are going to have to download brother's print app, it is located at this link, and it will be easier if you search for brother print app while on your tablet, open up a browser window on the tablet, tap in the address bar to search for "Brother Mobile Print App" this should take you to a google search page, which will give you the link to the app on brothers page, click on the link and when it loads the brother page, hit the install button and choose which way you want to complete, I choose the app store and then hit the install button on the app store page, it installed in about 2 minutes.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

OK, after morning toast, I will try it. I am just surprised that no information like you give came up on a google search nor was there anything about it in the online manual. I searched 'printing from a Levnovo A2107 tablet'

btw, you failed to include 'the' link' you spoke of. It would nice to see it all on my PC before trying it on the tablet.

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

opps, sorry about that, it should be here:

Brother Printing App | iPhone | Android | Windows Print from Mobile Phone

When searching for stuff, forget it is a Lenovo and just search for Android apps, then you will find quite a bit more information.

Also, you will have to change the security level to allow other apps to be installed, that is in your settings menu, under secuity, you have to tell the tablet is ok to allow other apps to be installed.

Last edited:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

.....Also, you will have to change the security level to allow other apps to be installed, that is in your settings menu, under secuity, you have to tell the tablet is ok to allow other apps to be installed.....

That sounds kind of dumb. What did they think you were going to do with the tablet? Just live with all the bloatware they pre-loaded on it?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

That sounds kind of dumb. What did they think you were going to do with the tablet? Just live with all the bloatware they pre-loaded on it?

Yup, But at least they gave us a way around it, of course I have found that you have to do this on all of the tablets, my Polaroid was the same way, but it does not have the amount of apps the Lenovo had included!