Baja updated pixs

Maximerc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well parts going on instead of comming off ... that feels good . the transom is in and its support and just getting the stringers installed. Notice a little
048190.JPG
weight on the stringers to hold them in place and down but not enough to move the hull. Its sitting on nice flat boards layed up underneath.<br /><br />Heres the start of the new larger storage compartment. I will be compensating for the slight loss of floatation in a area located under the front seats
048193.JPG
<br /><br />Well I have to order a bit more glass for the stringers and the front seat units but I will be sizing up the floor and getting that ready. Man that epoxy is runny stuff and I have been allowing the garage to be cool (55 -60) so that I get maximum absorsion into the wood.. makes it a bit more messy though , you can have every thing all cleaned up and two hours later looks like a 3 yearold spread the stuff.

Realgun

Commander
Re: Baja updated pixs

Mix in some cabosil and some glass fibers this will help it stop running. looks real good. <br />Keep us updated.

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

I pulled this off the web, never knew it was used in food.<br /><br />Cabosil is a synthetic, amorphous, untreated fumed silicon dioxide. Because of its inert nature, it has been used in food such as kethcup as well as in shampoo and some cosmetics. When mixed into liquid resin, Cabosil functions as a resin thickener (flow control agent) and sometimes as an anti-settling, anti-caking agent. Its applications are many, including thickening paint, dyes in the screen printing industry, epoxy, polyester, urethane, water, hand soap and shampoo. It is a versatile thickening agent that has even been used to "thicken" fresh water and sea water. Eager Plastics supplies quatities of Cabosil as small as 8 ounces.<br /><br />Cabosil is an extremely fine particle size silica (silicon-dioxide / SiO2) aerogel. It is pure white and free-flowing. Each volume contains about 94% dead air space, with a density of only 2.3 lb/cu ft. On the other hand, water (density 62.4 lb / cu ft) weighs about 27 times more.

qaztwo

Petty Officer 1st Class

Forgot to say looks nice. Good luck

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for keeping the pictures coming. Now I know what the inside of my SS164 looks like (or should look like). Not much space between the floor and the hull huh? Did you scrap the ski locker idea? Are you putting a hatch in the bow or was there one to begin with?

Maximerc

Petty Officer 1st Class

Calico .. there was a compartment (opens from the top under a front cushion) and no I have not scrapped the ski locker Idea , though I am sure that if I buy a high performance ski with a big rudder on the back it will not fit. My combo ski's will fit. I just feel that since I am there and have everthing availible I should put one in .. if it does not work out I will just glass it shut and over.. I hope I dont do that though because I think it will be nice to open it up and circulate air around under there.

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

It would be nice just to be able to open it up. Looks real good!