Can't find problem.....stumped!

toddschubert

Chief Petty Officer
I have looked and looked but but I can't seem to find a problem with my 88spl '92.
I run it and run it. Runs all day and runs all night! Starts on second turn of key and a bump of the primer.
Plugs are clean and wet, wires look good, timing perfect and carbs are clean as a whistle.
My boat planes out before I finish pushing the throttle forward (lots of power).
Will wot at 5500 or maybe a tad more and I'm going 40 mph before I know it which is too fast for me.

can someone help me?

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: Can't find problem.....stumped!

My boat planes out before I finish pushing the throttle forward (lots of power). Will wot at 5500 or maybe a tad more and I'm going 40 mph before I know it which is too fast for me. can someone help me?

Could be that you're beyond help. :)

However, perhaps you actually have all of spark plugs connected.

toddschubert

Chief Petty Officer

I checked that too...your absolutely right!

toddschubert

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe Boobie can help. Hailing capt. Boobie, come in Boobie

nwcove

Admiral

Before your next trip, remove the flywheel and leave it at home. That should solve most of your " "nice running" issues! And you will notice much better fuel economy.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

Before your next trip, remove the flywheel and leave it at home. That should solve most of your " "nice running" issues! And you will notice much better fuel economy.

In addition..... Do bring oars!

toddschubert

Chief Petty Officer

I don't usually associate with oars but if you insist.

likitvi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Does that engine have a rod that pushes carb butterflies wide open as throttle is advaned? Remove the connection if it does.

fireman57

Captain

Wish everyone posting in the forum had your problem!

Dragging an anchor will also slow you down.

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner

I don't usually associate with oars but if you insist.

Which reminds me of a joke..... fellow in a row boat fishing, loses his oars, comes across a fellow boater and yells "hey matey, can I borrow one of your oars?" Go to hell yells the other boater, ones me wife, the other's me sister"!

fireman57

Captain

Like two guys were talking and the subject of Cannucks came up. One said, "There is nothing in Canada except oars, and hockey players". the other fella says, "My wife's from Canada". The first guy says,"Oh yeah? What team does she play for?"

toddschubert

Chief Petty Officer

I pulled the jimmie rod off the ticker pin AND disconnected some red copper thingingy and the damn thing still starts!

nwcove

Admiral

Like two guys were talking and the subject of Cannucks came up. One said, "There is nothing in Canada except oars, and hockey players". the other fella says, "My wife's from Canada". The first guy says,"Oh yeah? What team does she play for?"

cut us some slack fireman, our lakes, rivers and oceans are frozen for 11 months of the year and we havr 24 hrs a day of dim sunlight......nothing else to do but play hockey!!......and to rub salt in the wound, a canadian can live 2 mins from the border, and the high temp for the day can be 25, cross the border and its 78. :)

LongLine

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Todd - what to trade problems? :lol:

Tom B.
(LongLine)

fireman57

Captain

Hey nwcove, sounds like you might want to move 2 minutes south. I think this thread might want to get moved to Dockside chat. This has a chance to get a lot longer there.
All, poop aside, it is nice to see a thread where someone doesn't have a problem. Also,this community is great because 99% have a sense of humor. Love this site. Wish I had more time to be on it.

toddschubert

Chief Petty Officer

took her out again today. New problem it slowed down 2 mph with 4 people on board WTF? over.

toddschubert

Chief Petty Officer

No trade longline, I don't wish my problems on other people

boobie

Supreme Mariner

How big were the 4 people ?? LOL

toddschubert

Chief Petty Officer

monsters they were. I tell ya, they all had to be 267 or so and I only have a 15' Larson