Nissan ns50

Rja91k5aolcom

Recruit
?1987? Nissan Ns50 keeps burning up one side of the coil I've put three on it and they keep going out in the first few minutes of running. Please help!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Nissan ns50

Welcome to Iboats,

Which coil is it, flywheel coil, ignition coil ?

Happy Boating

Rja91k5aolcom

Recruit

Welcome to Iboats,

Which coil is it, flywheel coil, ignition coil ?

Happy Boating

Ignition. If I'm correct. Both cylinder coils and the cdi are all one unit. It's burned up one side (no spark to one plug) still runs on other

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

You are saying engine has burned 3 Ignition/CD units one after the other ? All in same area. If so, that's very strange. Were all 3 burned units, new or used units. Could you post a pic of burned area ?

Happy Boating

Rja91k5aolcom

Recruit

You are saying engine has burned 3 Ignition/CD units one after the other ? All in same area. If so, that's very strange. Were all 3 burned units, new or used units. Could you post a pic of burned area ?

Happy Boating[/
The motor had the original ignition/cdi unit on it. it started to run off and on one cylinder for a couple of hours run time ( not continuous hours or running) so i spoke with a mechanic he said sounded like coil. Bought one put it on and ran fine for about an hour then started to run on one cylinder again never ran on two until I put a second unit on it. Ran on two cylinders for less than 5 min an now it will only run on one cylinder. I've replaced plugs, checked for fire on both plugs and it only fires on one, I switched plug wires and checked firing and it still is not getting fire on that cylinder

pvanv

Admiral

Did you install a genuine 3A3062400M C.D. IGNITION UNIT 45A2/50C/55B/60A/70A2?

Rja91k5aolcom

Recruit

No I did not. It was a unit from cdi electronics. I am going to call them as soon as I get an opportunity. Also I said I swapped plug wires but I looked again. As its been a while sense I worked on it and I remembered I didn't. Actually they can not be swapped. Sorry for the miss info and thanks for taking time to help me on this I know I'm slow to respond I'm just quite busy at the time