1963 Evinrude 80 HP need help finding parts.

watchman926

Cadet
I have a V4 Evinrude 80 hp outboard. Model number E02229 I have a slightly burned piston on one cylinder and the gears are shot as is the clutch dog. I need to know if there is a site that will allow me to order some parts for it. I need an oversized piston for that cylinder and a gear and clutch dog set, along with seal kit. If anyone can help with this please post. The days of boating are getting shorter.

watchman926

Cadet
Re: 1963 Evinrude 80 HP need help finding parts.

It is not an electric shift, that I know for sure.

watchman926

Cadet
Re: 1966 Evinrude 80 HP need help finding parts.

Gus: thanks, I just changed the post to reflect the actual year. I was told wrong but on my inspection papers the boat and motor are both a 63. I thought it was strange that the boat was older than the motor. I also edited the post to reflect model number.

watchman926

Cadet

I was able to get my parts a few minutes ago. I found out that my motor is a 66 model, just as I thought before. The inspection officer assumed that the boat year was the same as the motor. He also had the serial number in the model number spot and the model in the serial number spot. I went to MarineEngine.com. They let me know that he numbers were backwards and they had all of the parts. I may need advice when they come in. Thanks Gus.

Gus-71

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1963 Evinrude 80 HP need help finding parts.

Soooo gooood!
This is the best outboard forum in the world!
Please let us know if you have problems or need advice.

Gus