84 capri Q's before starting project..........

projectcop

Seaman Apprentice
Hi folks;
In the next couple of weeks I will be starting my exploration project on my 1984 bayliner capri cuddy 16' outboard. I will be removing the floor, checking stringers for rot, transom, foam for water, etc. Obviously moving on to any stringer work, floor replacement, foam, etc. Then on to pedestal seats to make more room for fishing, carpet, dual batteries, etc.
My first question is, where is the bilge pump located on these boats? And if there is none; can I put a pump with a float switch in?
My second question is, can I put an under floor fuel tank in this boat; I would like to put one where the ski locker is now. With it having an outboard motor, is this a doable thing/ Any problems with this idea?
I would like to have my parts sourced and on-hand when I begin this project so I can measure, plot and plan.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
George

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 84 capri Q's before starting project..........

Ayuh,... The bilge pump should be in the bilge, probably right near the hull's garboard plug,....

If it ain't got 1, Sure, you can add 1,...

If you can find a tank to fit the space, again, Sure go for it, the draw-back is mixin' the fuel, if necessary with yer motor,...

projectcop

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 84 capri Q's before starting project..........

The reason I asked about the bilge pump is that I cant find one in this boat anywhere.
And my motor has oil injection, but I will probably add just a little bit to the tank just in case.