Pontoon trailer project

Blujay96

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well I have been working on getting a trailer modified to fit a pontoon. I bought the trailer frame and added the brackets needed to hold the pontoon. We brought the pontoon home about three weeks ago. I have been working on the trailer for two weeks. Hoping to have the pontoon on the trailer Thursday. Here is a before and after. image.jpg
image.jpg

Okieboatguy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Pontoon trailer project

Looks nice. If you are needing fenders there is a guy out of Buffalo NY that sells Aluminum Diamond plate fenders real reasonable. I bought a pair for mine about 6 months ago and they were $50 for the pair which included slow boat shipping! I like the rollers in the front as well, let me know how that works out.

Blujay96

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm hoping the rollers will help on launching and retrieving if I can't get the whole trailer in the water

Blujay96

Petty Officer 1st Class

What is the best way to tie down pontoon boats

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have straps that i attach from the eye hole on the rear of each pontoon and attach to the trailer. Holds great, you could do the same to the front too.

The Woo Woo Kid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That turned out really nice !

As far as tie downs, I have a pair of ratchet ones, 2 inch webbing, that I put on the rear end. They're the kind that release when they're opened the whole way making it easy them, especially if they're too tight. Works good.

Do you have a safety chain on the front tower to attach to the boat ? You should, especially with those rollers.

I didn't see a winch. You might also want one of those. Sometimes they're needed, like if you can't back in enough to get enough water depth....then you could winch it up.

Blujay96

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have an electric winch to install and a chain also.

Blujay96

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well got the pontoon on the trailer. Need to make some minor adjustments and should be ready to hit the water.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

You will also need inside glides. That makes loading a snap.