Git Rot

Peter Chom

Cadet
Does anyone have experience with Git Rot or have a procedure. Is this product as good as they say or is there a substitute at a lower price. <br /><br />Thanks in Advance<br /><br />Peter C.

18rabbit

Captain
Re: Git Rot

Peter – I don’t have any experience with Git Peter – I don’t have any experience with Git Rot. Heard of it, tho. Take a look at this web site for a product call CPES (clear penetrating epoxy sealer) and see if it is appropriate for your application and maybe cheaper.<br /><br /> http://www.rotdoctor.com <br /><br />I use CPES and like the results. I have never used it on rotted wood, but that’s what it’s supposed to be good for.

Peter Chom

Cadet

I paid a visit to website looks like it may also work I will have to check prices <br />Thanks for info<br />Peter

Laddies

Banned

We have used Git Rot many times with good results, simple follow the instructions

BillP

Captain

I've tried GitRot several times and cut up samples to see how it works. It was too thick to penetrate severely rotted wood very deep (hardly past the surface). It really only fills the holes they say to drill. This is the same for most of the "penetrating" resins. It's all about viscosity and the thinner they are the weaker they are. Do some test samples and cut them up to see. Try pouring any of the penetrating resins though a dozen coffee filters and see what happens. Rotted wood is worse and has air that needs to be pushed out in order for the resin to displace it. In my humble opinion it's a method to use for small repair areas when you are desperate.

CAP'T. JOHN

Recruit

I have used "GIT-ROT" successfully many times on Balsa cored fiberglass. The secret was to drill "many" hole in the area where you have found the rot and inject the material until you see it exiting from the surrounding holes.