Fuel System experts please help I have diagrams and pics

Bustedknuckle84

Chief Petty Officer
I have a 2003 Honda 200hp but just need your experience with outboard fuel system. Trying to diagnosis a fuel problem. My Honda has a low pump #8 IN DIAGRAM (top of cylinder head cover) High Pressure pump(attached to the side of vapor separator). A few questions.

1) When high pressure pump primes( when key turned to on) should the fuel come out of the outlet line(of high pressure pump) ? Or only when running?

2) When turning the motor over should the low pressure pump (green line on diagram?) have a lot fuel coming out of it when the line is disconnected from the vapor separator? I had a little fuel coming from the low pressure pump(green line in diagram?) when i tested it and it was very bad quality fuel. it was cloudy white with a lot of clear chunky particles settling at the bottom of the tube.(refer to pic)

3) What is the (light brown line on diagram) for has a cut off solenoid? No fuel came out when I turned the motor over.

4) What does the vent tube hookup to? whats it function? which is the The Orange tube on diagram

Attachments

• lowpump3.jpg
    lowpump3.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 1
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1
  • lowpump.jpg
    lowpump.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1

Bustedknuckle84

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Fuel System experts please help I have diagrams and pics

Why isnt there more support on honda outboards? Any honda outboard mechanics on this forum?