Ignition switch question

DABS

Seaman Apprentice
The back side of the ignition switch has 2 "M" designations on it. Are they interchangeable? On the old switch all were spade connections except one M which was an eyelet. On the new switch, all 6 are spades. Any ideas of any danger if the 2 M connections were mixed up?

Yesterday

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Ignition switch question

Just a thought: You might get more useful input if you gave posters some idea of which ignition switch you're actually dealing with.

carholme

Rear Admiral

On the switches with two M terminals there has to be a way to identify them. As you have seen the older ones had one which was an eyelet vs a spade. Some of them will have one M which is raised higher than the other one and this is the engine kill circuit (black with yellow stripe). The lower M is to ground (black) and they should not be mixed up.

I have a paper on it somewhere and see if I can dig it up for you as it is good reference.

Gerry

DABS

Seaman Apprentice

On the switches with two M terminals there has to be a way to identify them. As you have seen the older ones had one which was an eyelet vs a spade. Some of them will have one M which is raised higher than the other one and this is the engine kill circuit (black with yellow stripe). The lower M is to ground (black) and they should not be mixed up.

I have a paper on it somewhere and see if I can dig it up for you as it is good reference.

Gerry

thank you Gerry, we really appreciate it.