Is this an obsolete part ? 1982 140 w/pics

joshB468

Recruit
Is this an obsolete part ?

this is a 1982 16ft boat with a 140 with the Bubbleback exhaust I'm told ,

after 20-30 minutes of run time it would start to miss and bog down real bad , the head gaskets and fuel pump have been replaced along with all the tune-up specs checked , 130psi on all 4 cylinders ..

We are getting water in the two cylinders on the left side of the engine , I found what appears to be some sort of an aluminum spacer inside the powerhead under all the exhaust that's warped, so when the t-stat would finally open water would leak into the cylinders :mad:

My family is hating me right now as I spent all our summer fun money on a boat that doesn't run !! Please help

In the 1st pic you can see my brother in-law attempted the infamous JBweld repair on the left side spacer :facepalm:

In the 2nd pic you can see the spacer(or whatever this piece is called) from the right side looks fine and the left side looks far too warped to do anything with

Who can I call for this part ?

any help ,links ,or info are GREATLY appreciated

home camera 024 (Copy).jpghome camera 026 (Copy).JPG

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Is this an obsolete part ? 1982 140 w/pics

You could try Sea-Way Marine in Seattle WA.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

One other choice you have is if you can't find them is to clean up gasket surfaces and put it back together and run it. On that mtr there's a chance of burning a piston without them. If you do find them you'll have to pull the P/H and have the new ones machined to match the block. Been there.

joshB468

Recruit

I put a call in with Sea-Way myself , just wanted to say thanks ,waiting to hear back now , I ended up emailing Dave some pics ..

One other choice you have is if you can't find them is to clean up gasket surfaces and put it back together and run it. On that mtr there's a chance of burning a piston without them. If you do find them you'll have to pull the P/H and have the new ones machined to match the block. Been there.

the one that needs replaced on the left side is so badly warped , and where the JBweld is there is actually a chunk of metal missing , I was hoping to get a replacement and some gaskets and call it a wrap ! sounds like that may just be wishful thinking on my part ,but I can't afford anything else this summer