Vodia Diagnostic Tool

eminentguy

Cadet
Hello

Any body have clue about availability of Vodia Diagnostic Tool? I seen this page on Volvo Penta site:
Vodia Diagnostic Tool

Is there a away I can get the cables and install it on a laptop with Rs32 port for example?

Firas

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Vodia Diagnostic Tool

You can't buy one or use one unless you are a Volvo dealer.

Do you have an EVC engine? I doubt it. If not, then you don't need one, and I don't even know how you would hook one up to your engine..

Thalasso

Commander

Apparently you can get them and they work on OS: WinXP, Win7

Whole sets:
1. Penta Vodia Mux
2. 6Pin cable
3. 8Pin cable
4. RS232 cable
5. Vodia software cd

https://www.epcatalogs.com/file/b2f...Vodia-Diagnostic-tool-diagnostic-software.jpg
6. Used HP PDA
7. PDA communication cable
8. PDA Charge cable

VOLVO PENTA VODIA diagnostic tool - Parts Catalog Repair Manual

www.epcatalogs.com ? Diagnostics ? Volvo‎

At $3000.00 i would think the diagnostic tool kit from Rinda would do the same thing your trying to accomplish for a lot less money

Don S

You might be able to buy the unit, and the hardware, but unless you are VP dealer and set up on partner network (dealer program) you can't use it. So why buy it?????????

From his other thread, (about 2 threads below this one right now) he has a 5.7OSXi-G engine. You can't even hook up the Vodia to it unless it's EVC compatable, which means other than the normal ECU on the engine, he also has a PCU on the engine and an HCU at the helm.

Last edited:

eminentguy

Cadet

I have a Volvo Penta engine that got a connector for Diagnostic tool -as per what I guess- I attached a picture of the connector, maybe that will clarify?

My Engine is 5.7 OSXI-GF

You can't buy one or use one unless you are a Volvo dealer.

Do you have an EVC engine? I doubt it. If not, then you don't need one, and I don't even know how you would hook one up to your engine..

Attachments

• volvo connector1.jpg
    volvo connector1.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 0

Don S

Your engine has 2 connectors like that. One for Vodia (if an EVC engine) and one that is a DLC for the standard Rinda Scan Tool.

These things are not EZ buttons you just plug in and information is given to you that tells you how to fix it.