Where can you get repair manuals from

Gradywhite3535

Chief Petty Officer
I have been trying to find a yamaha repair manual. I would like to get a manual from yamaha if possible? I have a cheap 10$ service manual but doesn't go into depth about step by step. Can anyone recommend a good book that has step by step instructions and where can I get it from?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Where can you get repair manuals from

I'm sure there are lots of places to buy such manuals. I bought my year, model, HP, manufacture specific shop manual on EBay. There are lots of them listed there. But do buy one that is just for your engine and not a cover all Yamaha engines if you want that step by step info...

mrmamiller

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Gradywhite, if you find a good Yamaha manual, would you please post back? I too feel that the factory Yamaha service manual is lacking and am looking for something better.

Gradywhite3535

Chief Petty Officer

Yes I will as i saw a manual on eBay that was like 75$ and I think that's the good one. It's not on eBay anymore. I posted on two other sights so i will def post it

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Gradywhite, if you find a good Yamaha manual, would you please post back? I too feel that the factory Yamaha service manual is lacking and am looking for something better.

Amen to that. The translation from Japanese to English is a lot less than perfect, and the lack of detail is frustrating. I'm about ready to buy a Seloc just for their 'DIY' perspective. Maybe between the 2 of them I can figure out what I'm supposed to do... :confused:

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

that is what some people do, but the aftermarket ones cover so many models and years it is hard to keep up with which one you are reading about sometimes.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

that is what some people do, but the aftermarket ones cover so many models and years it is hard to keep up with which one you are reading about sometimes.

Yup- I used to use both at times when I was working on my '96 Johnson 175. The OMC manual was head and shoulders above what Yamaha puts out, but it was still written for trained, professional mechanics (which I sure as heck ain't). I did lots of flipping back and forth between the 2, but the Seloc often had alternatives to using the trained professional's tools and methods.

My .02