Overheat Warning Buzzer / Wiring Problem

Tarwddu

Cadet
Hello Everyone,

Engine Details

MARINER - ( 60 H.P. (1991 ))
Serial No: 0D042628 Model No: 7060412YD

Problem

Ok this has been driving me nuts for the last two days but i have now got it nailed down to one area.

When i turn the key on the ignition on my side mount the test beep should sound briefly and go off, however when i am tuning the key, the buzzer come on and stays on, a constant beeeep!

The engine is cold not started at all, when i do start it and let it run on muffs for a bit all is fine (though the beep simply will not go) had it idle and revving etc for 15 mins, i can leave my hand on the top of the block for a good 10 20 seconds before it is to hot, so cooling is fine, the tell tail is pumping a good solid stream of Luke warm water. I am happy that the engine is not overheating at all.

The temp sensor is fine, however here is where it gets strange, when i was looking at the cables i noticed that the power tilt had stopped working (was fine) on closer inspection i notice the cables and connections are badly corroded, as a temp measure i clean them all up with new connectors (have ordered the correct ones to replace) with the key turned on i look at the tan/blue wire for overheat warning, when i move it around the buzzer comes on and off..... OK so i strip them all back and again put new connectors on and put it back together now i am getting a much cleaner however still annoying BEEEEP!!.

so here is my question as you can see in the first picture the Tan/blue wire has three feeds, the one with a spade connecter goes to the temp sensor and connect to the one above my finger. the male bullet connecter comes from the switch behind the black cover, the female connect (tan) then goes back to the warning module (i am assuming that is the warning module according to my service manual) see second picture.

When i disconnect the bullet connector to the tan the warning buzzer goes off, when i connect it again either with or without the temp sensor connected it goes off. Everything else works a treat, choke, starter PTT at engine and control RPM guage etc, just this bloody beeep

So based on all the above, am i correct to diagnose the problem as a faulty warning module? or could this be something else?

i have ruled out stat as the engine is cold and has the same problem

Your help / Confirmation / Advice as always will be gratefully received

Kind Regards
Tarwddu

picture 2

Tarwddu

Cadet
Re: Overheat Warning Buzzer / Wiring Problem

Just to let you know that it was indeed the Warning Module, however what a *****! to swap out dam near half to take the bower block off!! but thought i would post just in case this would help anyone else, thanks again