1993 Evinrude 25 HP trouble running at low RPM after carb rebuild

dnk_usaf

Cadet
I just finished with my carb rebuild (Thanks to everyone on here who has already been so much help to me!) and now my motor (model TE25ELETC) is having trouble running at low speed or idling. Even to start it now, I have to put it at about half throttle and then it goes. It runs great at half throttle or wide open, which is a great improvement over before. When I took the carb apart, I counted the turns on the fuel mixture screw and put it back the same, but could that be it? I also replaced the control cable for the throttle and that's adjusted out as far as it goes. Those are the only two things I can think of but I'm really new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have any ideas?

As always, thanks in advance!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1993 Evinrude 25 HP trouble running at low RPM after carb rebuild

You may need to adjust your idle speed adjustment now that you rebuilt the carb. That is normal and expected too... So adjust the low speed needle (very slowly and in extremely small increments, 1/8" or smaller movements) and see if it starts to smooth out. A tach would help during that operation. Let us know how that works out...

dnk_usaf

Cadet
Re: 1993 Evinrude 25 HP trouble running at low RPM after carb rebuild

Awesome! Thank you. You anywhere near Augusta? If this works, I'll buy you a beer.