WHat are these and what am i missing from this boat 1984 ebbtide montego

I have a 1984 ebbtide montego with a 1976 mercury 1150 115hp Well first off i have some holes on the hull evenly spaced like for cleats uts way to close to the waterline to be for the bimini..?
hardware3.JPG

its on both sides same location

heres the rear ones there are 4 sets of these holes
hardware4.JPG

i mean come on no way they had bimini clips way down there? you can see the current bimni mounts what the heck was on the sides of this boat havent seen her in the water yet getting there but i bet these holes in in the water or damn close
then well ive never seen these before downward facing hooks on bow
hardware6-1.JPG

and other side
hardware6-2.JPG

what the heck could these be for...

heres a pic of boat
hardware1.JPG

any ideas anyone?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: WHat are these and what am i missing from this boat 1984 ebbtide montego

holes, for end pieces of a rub rail. ?

hooks, to attach an elastic cord under to secure a boat cover.

Wow, that's a tall bimini.

tpenfield

Staff member

holes, for end pieces of a rub rail. ?

hooks, to attach an elastic cord under to secure a boat cover.

Wow, that's a tall bimini.

Maybe previously owned by a pro basketball player :noidea:

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Looks like a bimini made for a center console boat, in lieu of a t-top.

Anyway, I agree with roscoe about the hooks near the bow being for the cover. The holes on the sides of the hull, I have no idea.

the holes on the side are a mystery for sure seems they would be level when boat was on a plane.. training guardrails haha I have no idea.

anyone have any ideas on anything useful I can screw there?got to fill them or use them something,

and yes that bimini is really something im 100% sure it doesn't belong on this boat. But it is nice to be able to stand up under it, I knew it looked odd but now I know why it looks odd.

SO put a screw and hook on the side to hold the cover on. WIsh I had a cover.. :) I couldn't figure out what those were either as far easier ways to attach a cover say to trailer.. Im using a car cover made for a lincoln right now it covers the boat with room to spare

hoping to bump into someone on here that bought a 1984 montego ebbtide I would love to pick their brain a bit.

thanks for input guys,

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

All the hooks and whatever those things are in the first two pics are an example of POBI. Prior Owners Better Idea. In his mind anyway. :facepalm: There are better ways to secure a cover.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I have similar hooks on my boat, but they are cast aluminum, and are all the way around the boat.
Also have the original (1973) custom canvas mooring cover, but is quite rotted now.
I've been saving it to use as a pattern if I ever decide to get another custom cover made.

Ebbtide Boats

pckeen

Commander

Why don't you just put in a couple of rivets, and either leave the heads blank, or if you don't like the look, use an auto-paint touch up stick to paint the heads blue to disguise them. Paint won't last unless you prep it, but the only person who will notice it will be you.

DXN

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Why don't you just put in a couple of rivets, and either leave the heads blank, or if you don't like the look, use an auto-paint touch up stick to paint the heads blue to disguise them. Paint won't last unless you prep it, but the only person who will notice it will be you.

+1 easiest way to fix it.

Is that trailer temporary?