Power trim Question

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I recently bought my first boat. A 1972 Strahm with a 65 hp evinrude. Everything I have found says these did not come with power trim but mine has one. However, it is missing the actual motor and I have no idea what exactly I need to get this working. Can anyone help me narrow this down?

I did see that it has some painted over print. All I could make out was "Prestolite 501." Any help would be much appreciated.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Power trim Question

First of all welcome to iboats :welcome: good to have you aboard...

I would research that model of tilt/trim unit and see what other parts you may need to fix it. I don't have a TT engined boat presently, but I did own one years ago. So unless that manufacture went out-of-business (or even it they have) you should be able to locate parts and maybe even see a parts break-down on how it all fits together... I'm sure others on here will chime in with their opinions and ideas soon as well...

RRitt

Captain
Re: Power trim Question

hunt down part # 0172589 on an OMC website or dealer parts catalog. That part # is unique to your tilt system and will lead you to correct parts diagram.