VIN question

em4dave

Recruit
I bought a PrinceCraft boat and Explorer trailer and the VIN on the trailer is missing. Would someone tell me the specs on an Explorer VIN. Ie: does the VIN start with a specific letter?, how long is an Explorer trailer VIN?, Alpha numeric or just numeric VIN?. I will have to get this trailer inspected and a new VIN assigned but thought I would ask so I can get the ball rolling. Thank you for any assistance.

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Re: VIN question

Who sold it to you? More than likely all of the information you need will be on the license plate registration from the last owner.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I bought a PrinceCraft boat and Explorer trailer and the VIN on the trailer is missing. Would someone tell me the specs on an Explorer VIN. Ie: does the VIN start with a specific letter?, how long is an Explorer trailer VIN?, Alpha numeric or just numeric VIN?. I will have to get this trailer inspected and a new VIN assigned but thought I would ask so I can get the ball rolling. Thank you for any assistance.

The state will generate a vin that follows their own format.

DABS

Seaman Apprentice

Most trailer manufacturers hide at least a partial vin usually under the trailer on a crossmember etc. Each one has their own place they prefer to hide at least the last 6 numbers of the vin.