starter solenoid 2.3

chrisrooter

Seaman Apprentice
Ok, my prev. post was all over the map, not much help from anyone. here is a new question. I purchased a starter solenoid to install as mine was missing somebody removed and wired in a direct batt. cut off switch. which does work but feeds 12v directly to coil after starting somehow through harness. I wired new ss, with purple/black stripe to I side and yellow/red stripe to S side. both come out of harness. Along with batt. cables and feed cables to trim solenoids, but now turn key and nothing. there is no signal to starter motor. so i tinkled around and somehow blew internally the new starter solenoid. rewired in my batt. cut off andran a wire from yellow/red to starter as before and she fired and ran.
So, my question would be. is anybody kind enough to share what the correct wire colors would be in relation to my problem, I think the solenoid was wired right according to all i been seeing, but i dont know what wore feeds to starter other than the red batt. cable. thanks everyone for reading!

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: starter solenoid 2.3

Most motors are wired the same.
Maybe you should tell us what you have?
Year,model,serial#?
Fill out the profile?Location?
You might be close to someone who can help??
I might have a wiring diagram,just need to know what i'm trying to fix???

chrisrooter

Seaman Apprentice
Re: starter solenoid 2.3

Most motors are wired the same.
Maybe you should tell us what you have?
Year,model,serial#?
Fill out the profile?Location?
You might be close to someone who can help??
I might have a wiring diagram,just need to know what i'm trying to fix???

Oh sorry, i put 2.3 in the title.
but its a 1989 2.3L with cobra outdrive. there are only 4 model#'s but mine was scrubbed out on a decal so i cant see them anymore. but sure the wiring is same for all 2.3L for this situation anyway. Woodbridge, NJ BTW. though i filled that stuff out. will address that later thanks.