which mercarb rebuilt kit?

sti1471

Petty Officer 1st Class
So I decided to get a rebuild kit for my 1984 mercarb mounted on a 3.0L but I can't decide which one to get. I took apart my Carb and cleaned everything on it and put it back together. It runs much better on the trailer idle and stuff, but it appears to seem to hesitate when giving it quick bursts of throttle. However if I accelerate slowly it seems to work fine. I have heard this is an accelerator pump issue but I can't find just the accelerator pump by itself, so I guess I need the kit.

I have seen many kits online that look like mine but here is my issue. My Carb has the straight accelerator pump not the bent one. All of the kits I see online have the bent pump. Do I need the straight pump or is the bent one the new am improved one I should be using?

Does the kit come with jets as well?

I thought it was bad fuel but I used fresh fuel in a spare tank and it did the same thing. I tried adjusting the air/fuel screw and made no difference. I am wondering if since my elevation is 4800 ft maybe I need the 140 jets instead of the 145? Checked the timing and it is 6* BTDC.

I replaced the gasket between the manifold and the Carb with a new one and new fuel filters. I am out of things to test or try

Any