Road America - Nationwide/Sonoma - Cup

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Chance of rain for the Nationwide race. I guess they'll run in the rain if need be. Now that could put a different spin on the race. I'm hoping for rain! Something different.:rain:

SoCal, well, sunny.........:rolleyes: Some of the drivers I'm like, who??????? Every team qualifying will make the race since there are only 43 entries....

Man, it's been a few weeks since I saw a race.....:facepalm:

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Road America - Nationwide/Sonoma - Cup

Used to go to Road America for every race since it's so close. Used to like to hang at turn 4, at the end of the timing stretch into a tight 40mph reverse curve.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Rain and a Nationwide road race! Bring it on. :joyous: If Cup raced in the rain, Keso would complain that Hendrick or Roush stole the wiper engineer from Penske. :facepalm: Nascar needs a road race in the Chase.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

I don't know, for some reason I just can't warm up to road courses. Cup/Nationwide cars look like tanks out there, however, rain would add an interesting element at Road America. I'm hoping they keep the road courses out of the Chase. If for no other reason, they only run 2 races during the "regular season"......... I say, leave the road courses to the open wheel guys........ Just one mans opinion...:)

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Being a former Professional Motorcycle roadracer, I have absolutely no issues with NASCAR putting a road race in the chase.

Love road racing!!

GA_Boater

I don't know, for some reason I just can't warm up to road courses. Cup/Nationwide cars look like tanks out there, however, rain would add an interesting element at Road America. I'm hoping they keep the road courses out of the Chase. If for no other reason, they only run 2 races during the "regular season"......... I say, leave the road courses to the open wheel guys........ Just one mans opinion...:)

Nascars roots weren't driving in circles delivering the "goods". Of course they conveniently forget that today because it isn't PC.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I guess they'll run in the rain if need be. Now that could put a different spin on the race.
LOL

And that would be NorCal. SoCal is like, uh, south . . . ;)

I have a sort of favorite going in Nationwide this week. Owen Kelly will drive the #54. He is the son of a customer of mine from Tasmania :cool:

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

been to road america many times to watch cycles and the indy style cars in the rain.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

LOL

And that would be NorCal. SoCal is like, uh, south . . . ;)

I have a sort of favorite going in Nationwide this week. Owen Kelly will drive the #54. He is the son of a customer of mine from Tasmania :cool:

I just "assumed" Sonoma was in SoCal. O'well......

Nascars roots weren't driving in circles delivering the "goods". Of course they conveniently forget that today because it isn't PC.

Yeah, but those "races" weren't sanctioned by NASCAR......... :p

GA_Boater

Yeah, but those "races" weren't sanctioned by NASCAR......... :p

You are correct, sir. Only sanctioned by those with a thirst. :lol: Back then "aged" meant jugged on Tuesday. :)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Have been to many races there myself.
Cycles, TransAm, SCCA, Heritage, Indy,.
Its a wonderful track.
Of course 4 miles of hills and 14 turns give you limited views, but if you take your dish and tv along, you can get all the coverage and replays.

I love turn 5, the turn 6 north hill, the turns 6-7 south hill, and the go-cart track inside of turn 9.

If anyone doubts it will/could/should be a great race, they need to watch last year's Nationwide race.

And then there was this last lap turn 5 incident.
[HD] Danica Patrick & Jacques Villeneuve Crash - NASCAR Nationwide Road America 2012 - YouTube

QC

Supreme Mariner

Owen Kelly fastest in Nationwide Happy Hour :)

QC

Supreme Mariner

The "kid" is 36. He would've raced with Ambrose at home. His dad was a racer too. Owns a truck fleet and runs some of our nat gas engines. Chas (dad) is a really good guy. They're all from around Launceston and Devonport Tasmania.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Well fellas, minutes away from green......... First race in my new easy chair.......... :)

GA_Boater

Ya mean you're with us today, Musky. No DVR's. :) Don't nod off.