AMD Rules, Hows the Munro Caprice ?

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Was browsing your photos and wondering if you had done any more work on it. Did you try polishing the windshield yet? <br /><br />I like that top you have. Would really like to make one for mine. Do you have to crouch low to walk under it? How much headroom does it have when your seated? I read your comment about the seams: "the cover seams have since deteriorated from use." Have you kept it to use as a template for new material? <br /><br />That boat has some real nice lines to it. Lots of character. And good color!<br /><br />See ya,<br /><br />Mark.

AMD Rules

Lieutenant Commander
Re: AMD Rules, Hows the Munro Caprice ?

Hi Mark, thanks for the positive thoughts.<br /><br />The cover is likely original. Definitely not able to stand beneath it, but lots of headroom in the front when seated. Somewhat difficult to get in/out of the boat with it in place.<br /><br />The vinyl is brittle, windows were yellowed with age. A good friend borrowed the boat and had a little disagreement with a low overhanging log. The sewn cover seams lost the battle. I've kept the cover to use as a template for the new one. Cover has removable zippered side windows and rear cover with snaps around the perimeter and upper windshield.<br /><br />Main feature of the cover would be to keep water/leaves out of the boat whiel moored, and allow for boating in inclement weather.<br /><br />Progress on the boat is stalled for the moment, due to cold weather.<br /><br />The windshield isn't too bad. After seeing how well you made out manufacturing a complete replacement, I am uncertain if I will pursue polishing or not. <br /><br />Your boat is an inspiration. Superb!