New stator and battery ran on bad rectifier for 20 minutes now no spark

Ms54Coupe

Cadet
I replaced my stator and put my boat in the water not knowing the rectifier was bad. After a 20 min ride my engine died on me out of the blue and when I went to crank it it was cranking slow like the battery was worn out. I towed the boat and pulled it out of the lake and ordered a rectifier. I put it in tonight and had charged the battery now no spark at all. This motor was running MINT for 20 mins now it cranks fast and won't even start to spark...it's been a 4 weekend project and I'm close to the end of my tolerance. HELP

Ms54Coupe

Cadet
Re: New stator and battery ran on bad rectifier for 20 minutes now no spark

Essentially what would a bad rectifier kill while running on it

Ms54Coupe

Cadet

Ok guys...I will not let this engine beat me...I'm too deep into this now and it has too many new parts and probably 30 hrs. of my labor. Now I have no spark but I have a new stator, new rectifier, new battery, new plugs, new water pump, and a 2 year old power pack.

Now that I don't have any spark what should my tests be to track down the failed ignition component.

Thanks!

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

You may want to include the year HP and model of the motor, it can help people supply an answer.

Ms54Coupe

Cadet

86 4 cyl 45 hp "classic 50"

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Makes sense now, in that case it would be best to keep everything in one post so people don't miss details and get confused.