Caraqua - bring a shovel?

Trooper82

Commander
So had a visitor at the house today....we start talking about boats...he tells me he has an old boat he would like ot get rid of...said he was not sure what kind it was...so he sent me some pics...
CarAqua ?
IMG_6263.jpeg

Looks like a car...
IMG_5949.jpeg

Even has a steering wheel...
IMG_2510.jpeg

comes with it's own garden too!
IMG_1582.jpeg

tailfins to boot...
IMG_4607.jpeg

Original gauge too I'd say from my little bit of research...
IMG_5187.jpeg

As you can see it has been sitting for years...think it is salvageable?

Price is just about right...

64osby

Admiral
Re: Caraqua - bring a shovel?

Anything can be salvaged or restored.

The question is would investing a thousand or three be worth it.

Dawg'sLife93

Petty Officer 1st Class

That thing is wicked!!! I love it! Please build it! I can't wait to watch!

BTW, I think it would really look good Salmon and white or black and white w/ red interior.

sheboyganjohn

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I think it would make a great project. It looks like there is no major body damage, the structural stuff should not be bad on a boat that size. The worst will be cleaning up the gel coat, but I think a repaint, or recoat, would be in the works, can't just leave a boat like that white.

It doesnt look that hard to work on and its got a charm you dont see very often so if you can spare the cash to rebuild then why not.

matt167

Captain

Lots missing on that boat. Splash well has been cut out, seats and frames are missing and the remanants of fishing seats tell a story that it was hacked into a fishing boat before it was retired.. It is there enough to restore it but it will take a LOT of work.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think it might be the "station wagon" model which only had front seats. And I don't think it had a splashwell, either. Still a lot of work.

matt167

Captain

Your right, 2 front seats with no splash well.. With the headlights being for a '57 Chevy truck, the missing parts are available

colbyt

Master Chief Petty Officer

I won't donate any money but I will be here to cheer you on. Even I might be tempted to tackle something that different.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral

Fix er up! It would be a nice project,never seen one myself.
Grub

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

If Andgott get's a look at that, he'll be on it like a JuneBug on a Light Bulb!!!!! Those Babies are RARE and Collectible!!! Total Gelcoat or paint job required but IMHO well worth the effort. Looks like most of the Jewlery is there too! Good thing I'm not there, we'd be in a Bidding WAR!!!!!:eek:

Trooper82

Commander

Thanks for the input everyone...will be going for a closer look this Saturday..and I may justget it...Admiral must not find out ;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Not sure if ya got enough room next to the Ebko for it but it sure would be an interesting fun rebuild ! If it were just offered to me I would have to go for it . Just because heck how many of these things are still around .. Get it and store it till ya get the Ebko splashed and enjoy it for awhile . You definitely deserve that ! Then start rebuilding it on your spare time .. :cool:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

The only reason I would bring a shovel is to clean out the existing garden growing in there...:)...
That thing is just too cool...I never even imagined something like that existed...
As has been mentioned, it would be wise to finish the Ebko and enjoy it, but, if possible, bring the CarAqua home, clean it out a bit, and wrap it up tightly in a tarp...
After a season of being out on the water in your newly restored Ebko, and when the winter blues set in, you can unwrap it and start contemplating what you could do with it...
It really does seem like a very rare and unusual boat design, and even if all you do is to hang on to it until someone else decides to bring it back to life, I believe you will be doing the boating world a great service...
Heck, if I could ever make it up that way, I would be tempted to ...:rolleyes:...
:D

Trooper82

Commander

I am like all of you..thinking the best thing would be to salvage this piece of history....better storage until I get the ebko finished....

sounds like a plan to me...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If the wife finds it - :argue:and then :fish: