2006 75 4 Stoke EFI Starting and Idle Problems

Harrj

Recruit
Hi all ,
I have a 2006 75hp Mercury 4 stroke EFI it is the later model S/N 1B374721. It has several issues that i think are all relate to the same problem. When I take the boat to the boat landing 50% of the time it will just click like the battery is dead until you turn the key a dozen or so times then it will turn over and then start and run most of the time, sometimes it will run for a second or two then have a warning beep and die up to 15 times consecutively usually this happens within the first 3-5 minutes. after this startup sequence it will start and run perfectly the rest of the day, sometimes 6-8 hrs of trolling and running down the river in one day. It has a new 1000 CCA battery. The motor has about 400 hrs on it and looks new. I took the boat to the local Merc dealer only to have them tell me there were over 1000 kill swictch codes in the ECM and they couldn't figure it out what was cauing the problem. It never gets worse or better however i am concerned about this happening where i fish in very remote areas of the Missouri River in South Dakota. I did notice my volt meter runs at 16 volts all of the time however it could be innacurate. Is it possible that is have a bad low oil pressure sensor or kill switch? I am new to the forum and thanks for any ideas or similar experiences.

Thanks Jason

Timestep

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 2006 75 4 Stoke EFI Starting and Idle Problems

Now they have cleared the 1,000+ codes, take it back and ask them to read it again.

Dave