Need help, Gutting an old bass tracker

eaglerage

Recruit
My dad received a 1998 or 88 bass tracker from a friend of his some years ago and it has been sitting for years now. I recently started working on it and ripped out all of the carpet,wood and water soaked foam from the middle and also the driving wheel etc. but what i need help with is how to undo the rivets holding a sheet covering wires on the sides and also how and which wires to disconnect from the engine so that only the engine works and no other electronics (cassette system was in and also a steering column) work. please reply fast because i wanna at least test it sometime this summer.

IraRat

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Need help, Gutting an old bass tracker

Without photos, my guess is that you shouldn't have to ever remove those rivets, and that the wires are snaked through from other places.

They don't put rivets in places where you might have to remove them for simple access; rivets are put in permanently for good reason.

I Fish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What Ira said. Plus, I'd suggest, from your questions, you spend some time here, learning. It doesn't matter if the other electroncs are hooked up, or not, to test the engine. Is this fast enough for ya? Good luck!

pckeen

Commander

If you want to remove rivets, you drill them and take the head off - do a Youtube search for drilling rivets, and you'll come up with some solutions. But I echo the comments above. Post some pictures and a new thread on the restorations page - there are a number of users who like to watch a restoration take place. It is much easier to see what someone is doing, and hopefully give advice, if we see photos of what the problem is. Best of luck and welcome to Iboats forums!

eaglerage

Recruit

Thanks for the suggestions, im gonna take your advice and move it to the restoration page with some pictures i just took

eaglerage

Recruit

for some reason it wont let me upload the pictures i took, any suggestions?