1997 Chris Craft Concept 17 info needed please

djtrixx

Cadet
Hi all,

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a '97 Chris Craft concept 17, 4.3 volvo i/o. Does anyone have some info to share? Looks pretty near mint shape, no major gouges, scratches, etc. Still hasn't been de-winterized for the season, but will be this week for a wet test. Older guy that has it, "claims" (ya right) to only have 100 hours on it. Outdrive does look real nice, i.e. not dragged through a sandpit. I did not yet get to see the condition of the carpet (snap in) or any of the cushions, as they were still put away for the winter, and I really didn't have time to chat yesterday. Actually meant a lot that he takes the time to pull that stuff out at the end of the season to me. Few issues I have though. There is no snap on cockpit or bow covers, although the snaps are there. Is this something that's available? Also, the bimini he has is from another boat, but fits. Is there somewhere I could get a stock one? I have no knowledge of volvo-penta. Good or bad? (Only had mercs) He is asking $6500, worth it? I know a ride will tell all, just looking for advice.

Thanks!