Integrated Fuel Tank Pickup/Strainer Removal Question

Frsmith2

Cadet
I have a Regal Rush XP with a Sport Jet 120 oil injected motor.

Had fuel delivery issues and rebuilt the engine driven pump and cleaned the carbs and lines. Ran great past two runs and then last night when we were out playing (lots of sharp turns, bumps, speed, etc.) the symptoms acted back up again.

This boat sat in the woods for several years before I brought it back to life. When I popped open the hood last night, the inline fuel filter I installed looked like it didn't have much fuel in it. I'm wondering if perhaps the in tank pickup/strainer might be clogging up with sediment (same stuff I found in my carb bowls before filtering).

My concern is, I don't know if I start undoing the fittings if something will fall down into the tank which can not be removed or internally accessed. I've attached a couple picks of the setup. Can someone advisor on what I'll find or accomplish if I disassemble the fitting that goes into this tank?

tank fitting photo 2.jpgtank fitting photo.jpg

smittylv1

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Integrated Fuel Tank Pickup/Strainer Removal Question

Remove the dip tube....it may have a filter screen that can clog easily.......ethanol fuels are subject to phase separation (gel) that the filter screen may not be able to pass.